Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do you think it's unsanitary to use one towel to clean the entire bathroom? How do you clean your bath?

It really bugs me when my roommate uses one towel to clean the inside of the toilet, and then uses that same towel to clean the outside of toilet tank, outside of toilet bowl, and then the entire bathroom sink. Am I the only one who thinks that is unsanitary? How do you clean your bathroom? How many towels do you use? One for tub, toilet, sink, ect? Or just one towel for everything.Do you think it's unsanitary to use one towel to clean the entire bathroom? How do you clean your bath?
Thats disgusting, and whats with the towel anyway? does she wash her face with it after?. You should use one sponge for the bath and sink, and a different coloured sponge for the toilet. Cleaning the top first, then the seat and then kinda pouring bleach round the rim, leaving it for a minute and then flush.Do you think it's unsanitary to use one towel to clean the entire bathroom? How do you clean your bath?
The first thing you should get your roomie is a toilet bowl brush. That will clean the inside of the bowl and nothing else, after all that is what they are for. I clean my sinks and tub with a sponge that I can just toss out afterwards so the germs aren't just lingering around. Your roomate is gross if they use one towel for everything, especially the toilet and then other parts of the bathroom. Your roomie is just doing a half azz job of cleaning and just smearing germs and bacteria around. Pretty gross. You should really just clean it yourself if it will be done properly.
it would not be so bad if she did the cleaning in a specif order.. sink and counter, tub then toilet.. but it doesn't sound like that so ya.. you have a right to be discussed.. if i were you i would get a good disinfectant and give the sink and counter top a good sanitizing after she is done (or ask her to do it) make sure its one that kills Bactria..
That is bad..lol, then again, I'm a germ freak, I start with the bath tub/shower first, then a new sheet to clean the sink, then the toilet, then sink again...lol, I'm sick in the head perhaps, but it's a bad phobia of mine =/
very unsanitary!! but then again this is coming from a girl who DEMANDS the lid be down before anyone flushes...(that water sprays out and hits your sink and tooth brushes!!)





I use disposable toilet brushes..the ones that clip to the end of the wand and then you flush. Then I spray bleach under the lid around the rim. This kills all the yucky stuff. Then I use a sponge to clean the sink, tub THEN the toilet. Everything I use is antibacterial and I finish it off with a good spray of Lysol all over everything including the floor around the toilet. I finish by running the sponge under SUPER (our water is set so high it can scald you) hot water then pop in mocrowave 2 min to kill germs.





Sounds like a lot but it really takes about 10 min to clean and your done!
Yeah. I don`t use towels. Toilet brush. mop.sponge.power cleaners.disenfectant. ajax.bleach.cloth. With these I go to town using each where I should.
Well..I use paper towels to clean with. I do because when the paper towel is soaked or dirty, you throw it away and get a new one. So I clean everything in the bathroom with them except...the toilet and bathtub. For the toilet I use a toilet brush with comet, and for the tub, I use a scrubby sponge with comet. I also still wash my floor by hand, my bathroom isn't that big, so it seems easier to me.
My wife used to clean in a hospital...one towel is fine but the inside of the toilet is the last thing!! Give me a break! Your 'friend ' needs to wake up!


So this is what you know about her.......what is she doing that you dont see?? I hope you dont share a fridge!!yikes!


Paul
YES DEFINATLY A PROGRAMME ON TELLY THE OTHER NIGHT ABOUT HYGIENE SHOWED FOUR STUDENTS LIVING TOGETHER AND THEIR PERSONAL HYGIENE WAS GROSS.


AFTER ONE HAD BEEN TO THE TOILET NAD NOT WASHED HIS HANDS EVERY WHERE HE TOUCH THERE WAS RESIDUE OF HIS S..T . TELEPHONE KEYBOARD POTS AND PANS SO GET HER INTO APROPER CLEANING REGIME OR YOU WILL END UP ILL
Keep a bottle of Mr. Clean multipurpose bathroom cleaner in the bathroom with a clean rag next to it. Tell your roommate that the sink is to be washed first, than the tub, than the toilet, run the rag through the wash and place it back next to the cleaner. (Keep a bunch of old washclothes handy for bathroom rags) By the way it is really gross to wash the toilet and THAN the sink with the same rag! yuck! lol
I use a cleaning wash cloth (buy them 10 for 3 bucks) rinsed out often, and bleach solution in a spray bottle. I scrub toilet bowl interior with bowl brush and Ajax. Vacuum floor before cleaning the bathroom. It eliminates hairs on the washcloth. Spray bleach solution in tub area after your shower and the tub will stay clean.
your right he's wrong


i am not going to tell how put an end to this method of cleaning.


but, I'd put that rag where the t.p should be.


to kind of give him a direction that he should go.
It's unsanitary to use 1 item to clean everything. I use special brushes for the toiletbowl. Acertain sponge for the tub. And a special towel for the sink.(marble)


I use 1 mop for the shower area, %26amp; another for the kitchen area.


Each item is labeled.


I don't allow anyone to clean my house but myself.
I typically use paper towels or such. In the one towel case issue...maybe they could clean the clean areas first and move to dirty areas (ie sink, shower, outside toilet tank then inside toilet)
Don't use towels at all! They are to dry you body with. I use bounty paper towels they are the best. Just spray everything down and then start wiping and throw the paper towels in the trash. Scrub the toilet with a toilet scrub brush. Never mix cleaners it can be dangerous. I keep a spray like fantastic or something and spray the toilet and wipe with toilet paper every day. I even use paper towels to mop the bathroom floor.
That is disgusting because machine washing clothes doesn't necessarily disinfect. I use Paper towels on the outside of the bowl it picks up hair better. Clean toilet with a commercial toilet wand. I clean my sink with paper towel and Love scrubbing bubbles for the tub with a sponge. A towel I have never seen and the thought grosses me out. Please remember your bathroom and kitchen sink areas are the most important areas to prevent illness. Good Luck Ps Use Paper towels as much as possible and dicard germs.
the toilet is the last thing I clean


I use the shop towels, (blue spongy paper towels form auto dept) then throw them away


usually a separate sheet of for the toilet
I start with the bathroom sink...and I generally use the Clorox antibacterial wipes that you just throw away anyway. So I clean the sink, then move to the back of the toilet, then the seat, then the disgusting under the seat (in that order). It usually takes me a few of those wipes, but hey, they're going in the garbage anyway.
I prsume she is also using a pail or some use the sink as a pail until finished with a suitable solution of course.Clean door handles first towel racks,etc mirrors, tub surround,tub,and last in any event tiolet.Dont forget to change waters and rince tub surround and at least tub as well.Using cloths is preferable over cleaning sprays which leave buildup.( Rince what you can and polish rest.)
get a new roommate
yeah you should definately use a diff towel for the toilet and shower. i use a different one for the counter tops and sink in the bathroom, the toilet and the bathtub.germs from the toilet is kinda unsanitary.
I fill sink with all purpose cleaner and a little bleach (Be careful about mixing bleach with other cleaners - read labels first). I wash the sink area first. Then using the same water I clean the bathtub area. I use toilet bowl cleaner for inside the toilet. Finally, I use the cleaning solution to clean to outside of the toilet. The last thing I do is sweep and wash floor with a new batch of all purpose cleaner and bleach in a separate pail. The whole thing takes about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment