Saturday, August 7, 2010

How often do you wash your bath towel?

I have a friend that uses a new towel every day... and I told her thats not normal..





Arent you clean when you go out the shower? so as long as you hang your towel dry shouldnt it be ok to use it for longer? its just water!





I know it smells after a while.. but how long?How often do you wash your bath towel?
ok..this is a good question, thankyou. I wash mine once per week, saturday is cleaning day, and it does not smell at the end of the week, but I think most ppl change towels twice per week. Oh, and yes your friend is (different). maybe a bit obsessive.How often do you wash your bath towel?
I usually use a wash cloth to start to dry off after a shower it is soaking wet when I am done so it goes into the wash. the towel then is used to finish but hardly even gets damp so it gets reused two or three times. (we used to do this on submarines because washing a towel every day would use up too much water but throwing a small wash cloth into the laundry bag and doing three and a towel every three days was much less water.)
I use mine 2 to 3 times and then wash it. You might explain to your friend that she is wasting water, energy, detergent, wear and tear on her machines. (It takes longer to dry jeans and towels). Also she is wearing out her towels faster!


Good luck!


Peacemaker





p.s...if she has children and a family that does the same thing I don't even want to think about all the towel that accumulate in a few days time!
I wash it when it starts to smell a bit.
You are so funny. We have this conversation at home. Personally, I shower twice a day (it gets hot in TN) and only use the towel for that day. My husband uses it for 2-3 days which I think is totally gross.
i wash my towel every 3 days.
get more towels
Twice a week when I do laundry.
I use mine like two-three times..unless it is that time of the month..then I wash it everyday...
I say once a week.
I wash my bath towel everyday. Its not good to wait for a couple of days.Because of the molds. You cant see it clearly but its there. I mean the molds.
i use thee towel twice and then it gets washed
No, I use a different towel everyday. It's dirty after using it.
I use a new towel every day and I wash a load of towels once a week.
Wash them???
Every time I use it it gets washed. Just like me!
I wash it may be once in a month, but i always put it under the sun so that there is no smell or germs. Does it really become that bad to be washed more frequently ? I do'nt think so.
Normally every couple of days is fine...otherwise it develops mold and mildew.
I wash our towels after every use! I understand your clean when you come out of the shower...but STILL!! I just cant use it a second time.
I wash the towels once a week
Every 2-3 days
i get a new one every time.
Every few days normally
I know some people that do that too, and I think it's ridiculous! I totally agree with you. I change mine after every 3-4 showers. I can't imagine the amount of laundry I would be doing if everyone in my house got a new towel every day!
I use my bath towel twice before getting a new one. I do get a new wash cloth every day though.
I use it twice before I wash it. I know your clean when you get out of the shower, but when you dry off you have sloughed off skin on the towel. More than twice and it just seems gross.
After every use!
2-3 times for me, and then they go in the wash.
i get a new one like every 4 showers or so

No comments:

Post a Comment