Saturday, August 7, 2010

Is it better to use a bath towel over and over or should you use it once and wash it??

I think you should use a towel once after a shower and then it needs to go into the dirty clothes basket. My wife thinks you should use it 3 or 4 times before it's dirty. Just curious what others thinkIs it better to use a bath towel over and over or should you use it once and wash it??
If you hang it up where it can dry quickly, it's probably best to use it a few times. This will save energy, water and detergent costs. If you live in a humid climate, where things take awhile to dry, you could toss the towel into a quick dryer cycle.





You need to avoid and prevent conditions that contribute to mold or mildew in the towels.





Assuming that you are bathing thoroughly, a towel should be fine to use over, as long it's not allowed to remain damp for very long.Is it better to use a bath towel over and over or should you use it once and wash it??
For me, it's two times then into the hamper.
While it is really nice to always have a freshly laundered towel (preferably warm from the drier) it is not realistic or energy efficient to always be washing your towels. Three or four times between washing your towel sounds about right.
once for the body towel. Its full of dead skin cells and all that other nasty crud.


twice for the hair towel. your hair's already dead skin cells.
I agree with your wife but the trick to it is when you are done using it hang it up like over your shower rod so it airs out and dont get a mildew smell.
I usually use a towel 2 times before I wash it.
I have to agree with the 2x use as long as the towel gets to dry between uses. After 2 uses the towel begins to get icky!





I also think sharing a towel is not a good idea. You never know how well others have cleaned their bum!
Although it is not the best answer in terms of the environment, you are right. A towel should be used once because the warm damp material is an ideal breeding ground for bacteria.


Never ever share towels either.
At least others should not use your bath towel in a family or office.
I believe you can use it repeatedly. I use the same towel for a week sometimes. You should be clean after the shower/bath/washing-your-face/hands... the only thing is the towel gets wet from water. So if you let it dry, it is perfectly re-usable.
In our house, we use it for about 3-4 days and then it goes in the dirty clothes. I always thought that we should use it once and then get a another one. My husband is the one who ';trained'; me to use it more than once.
I think it's OK to use it a few times before washing...if you think about it, you're clean after a shower, so it's not like you're getting the towel dirty. It should be washed after a few uses since it picks up dead skin cells, etc.
i use mine once because i wipe the shower and fixtures dry after i dry myself then i let it dry and put it in dirty clothes basket to be washed!
we hang ours up and use them a few days. saves me from alot of extra laundry!
I use mine 2-4 times, it is only used by me so I can't think of any reason why not!
Well i use my towel about 2-3 times but think about it you are just drying yourself off soo what is wrong with using it again!!!
Well once ur done showering, it is obviously clean enough that you can use it the next day. But not more than two days.


Leaving a wet towel i n the bathroom or anywhere else attracts bacterias and germs. By the third day, the towel would be too wet or dirty to use
I use the same bath towel two to three times before washing it ....as long as you hang it...i mean it just dries your clean body so it is not dirty...as long as you are the only one to use it

No comments:

Post a Comment