Saturday, August 21, 2010

Using the same bath towel more than once?

I use my bath towels more than once to dry off after my shower or bath, I don't see any point in washing them every single time because all your using them for is to dry off your already clean body. Recently a friend of mine told me that was disgusting and that germs were probably living in my towels. I am just curious if anybody does this and if anybody thinks it's disgusting? I never use them more than 3 times without washing them and after drying off I always hang the towel up to dry. so let me know what yall thinkUsing the same bath towel more than once?
My granddaughter says ';yuck...so I may wipe my face the second time on the same section that I wiped my bottom on the first time?'; AS has been voiced...you are clean when everything is wiped and then the towel is hung to dry between showers..YA I have had some people in my life that are really fanatics about that but yet they don't wash their hands after using the toilet...AND I might be working with that person and using the same equipment (phone,computer,etc) We had ';pig outs'; at the last place I worked and I wouldn't eat anything that I knew came from someone who didn't wash their hands. Stick around the lavatory once in awhile and you will be surprised at the number that just walk out the door.Using the same bath towel more than once?
There's nothing wrong with it. Most germs die after a day anyways if they have no source of energy. And as you said, you aren't leaving them in wet wads somewhere, you hang them up to dry so no mould spores could grow. Why else would fancy hotels be encouraging guests to reuse their towels? It helps reduce water consumption so consider yourself a contributer to a greener environment. =)
Oh,please!! Some people r so fussy, they'll be getting OCD one of these days,lol! I hope ur friend will learn to relax a bit on stuff like this b4 she gets it,lol!! Nothing wrong with re-using ur bath towels, provided u observe 2 things:1st, hang them in sunlight 4 about 1 hour or more after u use them %26amp; before u hang them back up in their usual places......that'll kill any germs, bec sunlight is a powerful disinfectant........2nd, don't forget to wash the towels regularly every week or so.
I reuse my towels and change them twice a week. I also change our sheets weekly and our pillow cases every other day. I've never gotten sick from any of them. As you said, if you shower on a daily basis and then hang the towels up to dry, how dirty can they get?
I give myself, my husband and my kids a clean bathtowel once a week. I know that might be nasty to some but that's the way we do it we wash the towels every Monday and on Tuesday each week they have a nice new clean towel.
You are wiping water off a clean body. I see no harm in that. My fiance thinks its gross but that because of how he was raised and i was raised to re use towels. It's just a matter of personal preference.
I reuse my towels. Your wiping a clean body and there is no 100% way to keep germs away. If you hang it up to dry no reason you can't reuse it a few times.
  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment